Dream Hostel - Kiev, Ukraine (Review)

By Andrescoto87 - June 20, 2019

Dream Hotel Kiev Review - iTravy

Dream Hostel in Kyiv is part of a brand of Hostels in many places around East Europe.
I had the opportunity to stay at the Kyiv Hostel and I will tell you why I am in love with this place.

Dream Hostel is really close to most of the important places you get to know in Kyiv and it offers many services like airport transportation when arriving and leaving Kyiv.

You can check also another Dream Hostel which is Lviv and check that all the Hostels have high rakings and are good recommendations when traveling.

Location and Security at Dream Hostel Kiev


The location of the hostel is close to many places of interest in Kyiv, like the Funicular that goes from Poshtova Ploshcha to the St. Michael's Golden-Dome Monastery. Places like the Friendship of Nations Arch.

From the Friendship of Nations Arch, there is a new pedestrian and bicycle bridge that was opened last May (2019) and is the newest attraction in the city, since is made of concrete, iron, and glass, 212 meters long. 

New Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge in Kyiv, Ukraine, photo 13
Alexander Goncharov

Additionally, it is conveniently located near the Kontraktova Ploshcha Metro Station, providing easy access to the Maidan National Square Station. In recent decades, this square has played a significant role in Ukraine's history, witnessing events such as the Orange Revolution.

Cleanliness and Facilities at Dream Hostel Kiev

6-beds room at Dream Hostel Kiev

The place looks wonderful from the outside, and its interior is even more impressive. The hostel is located in a tranquil area, so there isn't much noise outside. The room I stayed in was consistently clean, and the bathroom facilities were exceptionally tidy. What I saw in the pictures when I made my reservation is exactly what I found there.

Bathroom area in Dream Hostel KievToilet at Dream Hostel KievDream Hostel Kiev Bathroom areaShower at Dream Hostel Kiev


They also offer laundry services, and there's a charming cafe called Cafe Druzi where you can enjoy a traditional Ukrainian breakfast and savor the renowned Ukrainian beer, Zlato Beer.

The place provides Wi-Fi and offers transportation services for your convenience when you need to arrive at or depart from the hotel. This service is particularly valuable when the Boryspil Airport lacks convenient city connections beyond car, taxi, or bus options. Therefore, having this type of service is a significant advantage.


Zlato Beer, ukranian BeerBreakfast at Druzy Cafe - Dream Hostel Kiev


The place offers Wi-Fi and transportation services, which are incredibly useful, especially when traveling to or from Boryspil Airport, where other city connection options are limited to car, taxi, or bus. This service proves to be a significant convenience.

Atmosphere and Staff at Dream Hostel Kiev


While I found the atmosphere great, I must admit that I didn't have the chance to make friends during my stay. This could partly be attributed to my own shyness when traveling solo. However, I did encounter many kind individuals, and the Dream Hostel staff was exceptionally friendly and always ready to assist whenever needed. Their proficiency in English greatly enhances the guest experience, particularly for those who may not speak Ukrainian or Russian.

I'm still in the process of learning Russian to further improve my communication skills. 😅

Outside of the Dream Hostel Kiev

Value for Money at Dream Hostel Kiev


Considering everything you've read, the value for money at Dream Hostel is truly worth it. During my 3-night stay, I paid 1440 UAH (approximately $54.14), and the quality of service more than justifies the cost.

Why I Chose Dream Hostel


My trip to Kyiv was primarily for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2017. It was a dream come true for me to attend this event, despite my initial shyness and limited social interactions during the contest. I am grateful for the experience. When searching for accommodations, I initially considered an Airbnb option, but it was located quite far from the places I needed to visit.




When I discovered Dream Hostel and realized it met all my pre-trip expectations, I was truly amazed. As the time for my reservation approached, I eagerly anticipated my stay, and I can happily say that my expectations were not just met but exceeded.

So, if I ever find myself in Kyiv again, I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to stay at Dream Hostel once more, or at the very least, indulge in a meal at Cafe Druzi. Especially now, with Ukraine gaining more attention thanks to the HBO series Chernobyl.

If you've enjoyed reading this review, I invite you to leave your comments and share it with others. Your feedback and support can help fellow travelers discover this remarkable place. 😏

Explore more articles on iTravy, and join the conversation by commenting and sharing your own travel experiences. Happy travels! 🌍✈️

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting on our blog! We appreciate your feedback and engagement. Please note that all comments are moderated, and any comment that includes bad language, personal attacks, or incites violence will be deleted. We also reserve the right to remove any comment that is off-topic, spammy, or promotional. We encourage constructive and respectful discussions among our community members, so let's keep it friendly and meaningful. Thank you for being part of our iTravy community!